Information we collect and how we collect it
What information do we collect?
We may collect or receive (and may have collected or received during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of Notice) the categories of personal information listed below. Not all categories will be collected or received for every individual.
- Personal identifiers, such as name, job title and email address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Employment information, such as occupation and job title
How do we collect information?
We collect information about you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you
- Collected from a device associated with you
- Collected from an external third-party source
WalmartGoLocal.com collects personal information about you when you interact with the Site. The information we may collect includes:
- first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- job title and company information
- other information you provide us
Information collected from a device associated with you
We may automatically collect personal information from devices that you use to interact with the Site, as well as from your interaction with emails that we send to you. The personal information we automatically collect may include your IP address, browser type, device type, the webpage you visited before coming to the Site, pages you visited on the Site, time spent on those pages, the information you searched for on the Site, when and for how long you visited the Site, and similar information, which we collect through cookies, beacons, and other technologies. The information we automatically collect will be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
Information we collect from third-party sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records and help us improve our services to you, prevent or detect fraud, and for other business purposes.
How we use information we collect about you
Walmart GoLocal may use the personal information it collects about you for a number of purposes, including:
- To contact you about the services offered by Walmart GoLocal
- To fulfill requests and obligations related to our relationship
- To conduct marketing and personalization
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business
- To help prevent fraud
When we disclose personal information
Walmart GoLocal also may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you. Walmart GoLocal may disclose your personal information to other third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- protect our property, services, and legal rights, and the rights of others;
- provide maintenance services, database management, and similar site-related services;
- prevent physical harm to persons or the property of others;
- prevent fraud or other illegal activity against Walmart GoLocal and others; support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; or
- comply with any and all applicable laws.
Other than as described above, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you consent.
Aggregated, Non-Identifying Information
Walmart GoLocal may disclose aggregated information that is not individually identifiable (or personal information) with third parties for any purpose including industry analysis and demographic analysis.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Notice, we may have disclosed your personal information with certain categories of third parties as disclosed below:
Types of third parties to which the Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose
Categories of Personal Information disclosed for a business purpose
Those we are legally required to disclose to
- Personal Identifiers
- Device and Online Identifiers
- Employment Information
- Internet, Application, and Network Activity
Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to us (e.g. technology providers, cloud storage providers, etc.)
- Personal Identifiers
- Device and Online Identifiers
- Employment Information
- Internet, Application, and Network Activity
When you visit the Site, WalmartGoLocal.com may place pieces of code, commonly referred to as "cookies," or similar technology on your devices. Walmart GoLocal may begin collecting information about you or your activity on devices associated with you through cookies or similar technologies as soon as you visit the Site. By using the Site, you permit Walmart GoLocal to collect and use your personal information from activity on devices associated with you in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We also may use "pixel tags," "web beacons," and other technologies on the Site to collect usage, demographic, and geographic location data, which allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. Some internet browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome) offer their own opt outs for interest-based advertising. The ad networks and ad service providers we participate with may not recognize these opt outs.
Information about how to opt out of certain online interest-based advertising is available from the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
How to modify or delete personal information
You can request that we review or modify your personal information by contacting us. If you would like us to modify your information, please contact us at privacy@Wal-mart.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain a copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
How long we keep your information
We will keep the personal information we collect about you for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice or any other notice provided at the time of data collection, but no longer than as required or permitted under applicable law or internal policy. We dispose of the information we collect in accordance with our retention policies and procedures.
How Walmart GoLocal protects personal information
Walmart GoLocal has implemented an information security program that includes administrative, technical and physical controls designed reasonably to safeguard your personal information.
Business transfers and corporate changes
We reserve the right to disclose, sell, or transfer all information related to the Site, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets.
Information we transfer
The Site to which this Privacy Notice applies is subject to U.S. law, unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice. By using the Site or providing us with your information, you are directly transferring your information to us in the United States. In addition, we may transfer the information that we collect through the Site to other countries where we do business. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. When we transfer personal information we collect about you to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise required by law, even though a given country may not have the same privacy and data protection laws as the country in which you reside. You agree to and acknowledge our collection, transfer, and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Services offered in Europe
The Site is directed to operations in the United States. Walmart GoLocal does not offer services in Europe or the European Economic Area.
The Site is a general audience website not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information, and we will fulfill each request to the extent required by law. To exercise any of these privacy rights, email B2Bprivacy_2022@wal-mart.com. If we are unable to comply with your request in whole or in part, we will notify you with reasons for the denial.
As stated in more detail below, you can request that we:
- Provide you with access to a copy of and certain details regarding the personal information we have about you.
- Delete your personal information.
- Stop selling your personal information or sharing your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- Correct your inaccurate personal information.
- Limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information (SPI).
- Appeal the result of a data request.
1. Request to access my personal information: You have the right to request access to the personal information we may have collected about you.
Requests to access your personal information may be submitted up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. In response, we will return to you the following categories of information, to the extent required by law:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising, along with the categories of third parties we sold it to or shared it with for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the categories of third parties we disclosed it to.
2. Delete my personal information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct our service providers to do the same. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of your online account, and limit your use of in-store functions that require your personal information.
3. Stop selling or sharing my personal information: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information or sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising and can request that we stop by emailing us or by using the Global Privacy Control as described below. Note: Walmart GoLocal does not sell personal information.
4. Correct My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we correct the personal information we may have collected about you if that information is inaccurate. We reserve the right to request identifying documentation from you in certain circumstances, as permitted by law.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. We will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Some programs or membership services require usage of personal information to function, so compliance with your request may impact those experiences.
How we verify your identity to complete your access, correction and deletion requests
If you request access to, or the correction or deletion of, your personal information, we will verify your identity before disclosing the requested information. To do so, we may ask that you log into your account or provide us with your:
- First name*, Middle initial, Last name*
- Email address
- Phone number
When you make a request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us verify your identity. Third-party identification services may help us with verification to prevent disclosure of your personal information resulting from fraudulent requests. You may be asked to log into your online account and complete a one-time passcode validation. In the event more documentation is necessary to verify your identity, we will notify you directly.
What if we can’t verify your identity?
If we can’t verify your identity, we will notify you, and your request(s) to access, request, or delete your personal information may not be processed. Any requests may be denied if we have reason to believe they are fraudulent.
How to submit a request using an authorized agent
If you’d like an authorized agent to exercise your rights for you, they may use the same links described above to submit requests. We require documentation demonstrating your agent’s authority to submit requests on your behalf. For example, a valid power of attorney or other documentation, including a letter, signed by you (the California resident) authorizing the agent to submit your requests. You can download a sample letter from the request form. Documentation may be uploaded at the time you submit your request on our website or provided to us up to 10 business days after. If you submit your request by calling, you can email your forms to B2Bprivacy_2022@walmart.com.
Number of requests received in 2022
To view metrics about our privacy requests, click How many California Consumer Privacy Act requests did we fulfill last year?.
Shine the Light
California residents also have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties. To exercise this right, contact us at the address provided in the How to contact Walmart GoLocal section below.
Notice of financial incentive
If we provide a financial incentive, we will provide you with the details, including how the incentive is related to your data before you participate so that you may make an informed decision about whether and how to participate. In the event you decide to take advantage of a financial incentive, you will always have the right to withdraw from participation and we will provide you with directions on how to do so.
How to contact Walmart GoLocal
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can reach us online at privacy@Walmart.com or you can write to us at:
Privacy Office, MS #0160
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-0160